Father's Day

Pampers

Monday, May 5, 2014

Cinco de Milko

Monday, 5/5/14

At 12:55 p.m. today Catherine from Speech Therapy called me to share the exciting news that Carter finished an entire bottle of 47 mL of formula!!!  Even after finishing it he remained awake in his crib showing great improvements from falling asleep during his feeds over the weekend.  I have a feeling little Carter is catching on.  As long as he is consistently finishing his feeds like this they will likely increase his bottle feeds to 3 or even 4 a day very soon.  In addition, Carter has gotten rid of one more wire, his O2 saturation monitor.  Since he has gone awhile without any "real" oxygen desaturations there is no reason to continue to monitor this.  Not to mention they are getting Katie and I trained to not worry about his saturation, which we have done consistently the past 10 weeks.  Dressing him in his footsie onsies just got a lot easier!  He will still be attached to the EKG monitor for his heart rate and rhythm.

2 comments:

  1. Grow Carter, grow! I just love all the good news about my little man. Counting the days untill I see him in person once again and can get to know him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited at the prospect of Carter going home with you soon. Keep up the good work, Carter!

    Sis

    ReplyDelete